Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kitchen organization ideas

This weekend a good friend came to visit and she brought the most fragrant lilacs from her garden. The flowers brighten up the kitchen (SMILE). Wish you could smell it too. Hope you like it as much as I do. (AND IT DID NOT COST ANYTHING AT ALL!)



Since I am on the subject of kitchens, I would like to share with you some kitchen organization ideas and tips from my own kitchen.

1) Multipurpose use of a bookshelf
The window would have been wasted space and so, place a shelf or small bookcase in this small nook. The bookshelf is now a place to keep recipe books and also display some kitchenware such as cups, bowls, plates and stemware. So, be creative & use what you already have in your home.



2) Containers
You can store your pasta, rice or cereal in air tight containers and display them. This way, the food will be kept fresh while adding some visual interest in this little nook. Here, I have pasta, rice, walnuts, dried mushrooms in containers. I also added a basket to make it more interesting. You can arrange some recipe books on this shelf as well. The options are endless.



3) Other stuff
What to do with all the tea bags and sugar packets? I found these boxes with built in dividers to organize them. Keeps it fresh and neatly organized. No more rummaging through drawers or boxes.



I hope you'll find these organization tips useful! I would love to hear your ideas and comments.


Happy organizing.... Just remember to Keep it Organized, Keep it Simple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment